Thursday, June 03, 2010
Film du mois
Random Harvest (Mervyn LeRoy, 1942)
1. Random Harvest (Mervyn LeRoy, 1942)
2. Love in the Afternoon (Billy Wilder, 1957)
3. Still Walking (Hirokazu Koreeda, 2008)
4. Papillon (Franklin J. Schaffner, 1973)
5. Bad Day at Black Rock (John Sturges, 1955)
6. Kanal (Andrzej Wajda, 1956)
7. Sherlock Jr. (Buster Keaton, 1924)
8. An Angel at My Table (Jane Campion, 1990)
9. Arise My Love (Mitchell Leisen, 1940)
10. Le Destin Fabuleux De Désirée Clary (Sacha Guitry, 1941)
Sherlock Jr. (Buster Keaton, 1924) - B
Our Hospitality (Buster Keaton & John G. Blystone, 1923) - B
Arise My Love (Mitchell Leisen, 1940) - C+
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (Clint Eastwood, 1997) - D-
Love in the Afternoon (Billy Wilder, 1957) - A
Glory (Edward Zwick, 1989) - D
The Man Who Knew Too Much (Alfred Hitchcock, 1934) - C-
Green Card (Peter Weir, 1990) - D
The Big Broadcast of 1937 (Mitchell Leisen, 1936) - D
Stardust Memories (Woody Allen, 1980) - C-
The Sand Pebbles (Robert Wise, 1966) - C
Le Destin Fabuleux De Désirée Clary (Sacha Guitry, 1941) - C
Kanal (Andrzej Wajda, 1956) - B
Cattle Queen of Montana (Allan Dwan, 1954) - C-
Passion (Allan Dwan, 1954) - C
Bad Day at Black Rock (John Sturges, 1955) - B
Factotum (Bent Hamer, 2005) - E
Papillon (Franklin J. Schaffner, 1973) - B+
Random Harvest (Mervyn LeRoy, 1942) - A
Aurora de esperanza (Antonio Sau Olite, 1937) - C-
An Angel at My Table (Jane Campion, 1990) - B
Garden State (Zach Braff, 2004) - D
Paprika (Satoshi Kon, 2006) - D
Still Walking (Hirokazu Koreeda, 2008) - A
Un nommé La Rocca (Jean Becker, 1962) - D-
Scarlett Street (Fritz Lang, 1945) - B+
Rashomon (Akira Kurosawa, 1950) - B
Laura (Otto Preminger, 1944) - A
Sunset Blvd. (Billy Wilder, 1950) - A+++
Angel Face (Otto Preminger, 1952) - B-
The Great Escape (John Sturges, 1963) - A
Rear Window (Alfred Hitchcock, 1954) - A
Surprise : Le Destin Fabuleux De Désirée Clary (Sacha Guitry, 1941), Random Harvest (Mervyn LeRoy, 1942), Still Walking - Aruitemo aruitemo (Hirokazu Koreeda, 2008), An Angel at My Table (Jane Campion, 1990), Bad Day at Black Rock (John Sturges, 1955)
Disappointment : Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (Clint Eastwood, 1997), la bande originale anachronique sur le dvd Kino Sherlock Jr., Factotum (Bent Hamer, 2005), The Big Broadcast of 1937 (Mitchell Leisen, 1936), Garden State (Zach Braff, 2004)
The Olivia de Havilland Award : Charlotte Rampling (Stardust Memories) & Greer Garson (Random Harvest)
The Kirk Douglas Award : Buster Keaton (Sherlock Jr.)
The Lionel "Mr. Potter" Barrymore Award : Le Troisième Reich (Kanaal)
Runner-up : Robert Ryan (Bad Day At The Black Rock) et l'administration pénitentiaire française dans Papillon
Top 5 Répliques
1. Ariane Chavasse: Working on a new case?
Claude Chavasse: A client from Brussels. His wife ran away to Paris with the chauffeur. I have to find them; the husband wants his car back. (Audrey Hepburn et Maurice Chevalier, Love In The Afternoon)
2. Father Jacinto: "This is my first execution."
Tom Martin: "Don't worry, Father, it's mine too." (Ray Milland, Arise My Love)
3. Oh, let me tell you, you're not the missionary type, you'd never last (Woody Allen, Stardust Memories)
4. SANDY "What was that? What was that?"
DORRIE "Hey, that's so pretty. A pigeon!"
SANDY "Geez...no, it's not pretty at all. They're...they're...they're rats with wings."
DORRIE "They're wonderful. No! It's probably a good omen. It'll bring us good luck."
SANDY "No...no, get it out of here. It's probably one of those killer pigeons."
DORRIE "No, get something for it to eat. We can coax it down! What are you doing? Hey, wait!"
SANDY "You see, it's got a swastika under its wings."
DORRIE "It's wonderful. Not that.
SANDY "I just...I just want to guide it out of the apartment. Geez. I don't want a winged thing in my house." (Stardust Memories)
5. Reno Smith: I don't know! Somebody's always looking for something in this part of the West. To the historian it's the Old West, to the book writer it's the Wild West, to the businessman it's the Undeveloped West -- they say we're all poor and backward, and I guess we are, we don't even have enough water. But to us, this place is *our* West, and I wish they'd leave us alone! (Robert Ryan, Bad Day At Black Rock)
BONUS : A WOMAN IN THE AUDIENCE "A lot of people have accused you of being narcissistic."
SANDY "No, I know people think that I'm egotistical and narcissistic, but it's not true. I, as a matter of fact, if I did identify with a Greek mythological character, it would not be Narcissus."
ANOTHER MAN IN THE AUDIENCE "Who would be?"
SANDY "Zeus." (Stardust Memories)
Livre Cinéma du Mois
Rating : Alphabet