Sunday, April 19, 2009

Clydie King - Soft And Gentle Ways


* Imperial 66172, "He Always Comes Back To Me" / "Soft And Gentle Ways" (1966)

Don't use your gentle ways to make me do the things I know I shouldn't do
Don't use your gentle ways to make me think the lies you're telling me are true
When you whisper gently to me you know how the suffer makes me feel
But I've heard about that before and baby I know your love just unreal

Don't use your burning kiss to start a fire in me I know I can't control
Don't use your misty eyes cause I won't fall again I've seen those tears before
But if you can prove me at all the love you have to offer me is true
I would gladly give in to the love and soft and gentle ways of you

Don't think your gentle ways can just erase the feelin' I have of loving you
Those soft spoken words are empty sounds there's nothing you can do
But if you can prove me at all the love you have to offer me is true
I would gladly give in to the love and soft and gentle ways of you

Don't use your gentle ways, Don't use your gentle ways...



No comments: